Arcosian characters are so powerful, even at character creation, you must suppress your powers to reduce the stress to your own body. The appearance of your various forms can range widely although they all share similar features and heights. Some forms have pointed horns, others have curved, and some have no horns. All forms have keratinous plating that covers your body to protect your vital areas. While the mutations of each form will variety and your physical appearance might change drastically you will still maintain traces of personal appearance such as eye shape and skin tone. Regardless of what form you are in your allies will typically be able to tell who you are, though others might not be able to identify you.
- Transformation. Alternate Form
- Race: Arcosian
- Stage: Three (3)
- Stress Test. Twelve (12)
- Tier of Power Requirement. One (1)
Suppressed Form. Unlike other races, an Arcosian character start in an alternate form at character creation. This form is called your Suppressed Form, this helps reduce the stress to your body, but also limits access to your full power. Instead of going from stage one to higher levels, you start in stage four or suppression form, which gives no benefits. You can transform into higher forms to gain more of your power: from stage four or Suppressed Form to stage three, from three to stage two, and from two to stage one, then stage one to stage zero. When you attempt to transform into other Metamorphosis Forms you must declare which stage of Metamorphosis you are going to use, stage three, two, one or zero. You do not have to transform into one specific stage to use another; you can go from base to stage one without needing to go through other stages.
You can increase the power of Metamorphosis to the next level (stage) granting you additional bonuses and power. Increase the Stress Test requirements for Metamorphosis by six (+6) for each stage you are using. As an example, if you attempt to use True Form or stage one you will increase the Stress Test requirement of Metamorphosis from twelve to twenty-six.
Increase the attribute modifiers from Metamorphosis by three (+3) for each stage of Metamorphosis you have activate.
Each stage of Metamorphosis increases the Tier of Power requirements to access and use the stage by one (+1). Meaning, when you attempt to use Partial Suppression (stage two) you are required to be at least Tier of Power One (1) and if you are using True Form (stage three) you are required to be Tier of Power Two (2).
Power Lust. You can attempt to transform into any stage of Metamorphosis regardless of your current Tier of Power or the required Tier of Power for the stage. If you transform into a stage of Metamorphosis and you do NOT meet the Tier of Power requirements you must pay one-half of its total Stress Test in Ki Point immediately and then at the start of each round you remain in that stage thereafter.
When you activate a stage of Metamorphosis that is beyond your current Tier of Power you must make a cognitive save at the start of every turn: TN medium or fifteen (15) whichever is lower. If passed nothing happens, and you no longer need to take cognitive saves at the start of your turn – continue the turn as normal. If failed, you will enter a blood lust and attack the character with the lowest Life Points in the current combat encounter – this can be an ally or enemy. You will use all remaining Actions available to you against the target. Use Physical attacks if within melee range and Energy at range. Roll 4d10 and add your power level: this is the amount of Ki points that must be wagered per attack. If the value exceeds what is possible for your capacity or ki points, divide the amount by two (2) until it does not. Afterwards, on your consecutive turns you will have to keep taking cognitive saves until passed.
Killer Instinct. When you are attacked by a single opponent you can forgo your Dodge roll and attempt a counterattack. Make the same Strike roll the opponent is attempting to make. Compare your Dice score verses the opponent’s Dice Score. If the opponent’s Dice Score is higher, continue combat normally as if they successful struck you and change the damage inflicted by their attack to one category higher. Standard damage becomes direct damage and direct becomes lethal damage. If your Dice score is higher, you negate the opponent’s attack, and your attack counts as successfully striking them. Pause Combat and complete your successful attack against the opponent. The damage inflicted by this type of counterattack can only be standard damage and you can NOT change the damage type no matter how clever your logic. You can NOT use Killer Instinct more than once a turn per enemy character attacking you.
Restoration. You cannot gain this effect more than once per stage, during a combat encounter. The first time you transform into a stage of metamorphosis, roll 2d10+ plus power level and restore that many health and Ki points. If you are unlucky enough to have lost a limb during combat or some other sort of unfortunate situation. When you transform will also restore lost limbs or any other assorted body parts.
Bodily Fortitude. When reaching a new tier of power, reduce the stress test value for all stages of metamorphosis by two (-2), after all other reductions. This stacks with any other stress test modifier. This can lower your stress test requirements to zero. If the stress test is zero you can maintain that form for as long as you wish inside and outside combat. You will no longer lose the form if you reach zero (0) life points, you become unconscious or count as defeated.
Personalized Power. When you reach Tier of Power one (1) you gain access to Metamorphosis. You can then customize each stage of your Metamorphosis forms by selecting traits from the Meta Traits list below. Each stage for have a limited number of traits and once you select your traits, they will become permanently attached to that specific stage of your Metamorphosis transformation. As an example, if you select the Meta Trait Fierce Aggression for stage two (2) then you will gain that trait each time you enter stage two of Metamorphosis. Important to note that like other Transformations abilities Meta Trait stack from stage to stage.
Each stage of Metamorphosis is able to be assigned two (2) traits from the Meta Trait list below. There are three customizable (3) stages of Metamorphosis, they are as followed, Limited Suppression Form (Stage Three), Partial Suppression (Stage Two), and True Form (Stage One).
Moreover, you can elect to reduce the number of stages your Metamorphosis transformation includes. There are two options below for changing the number of stages your transformation has.
- (1). You can elect to forgo stage three (3) of Metamorphosis, if you do so increase the number of Meta traits your remaining two stages can have by one (+1). Increase the attribute modifier you gain for each stage by four (+4). Also, increase the base Stress Test requires of Metamorphosis by two (+2) and increase the Stress Test increase per stage of Metamorphosis by four (+4).
- (2). You can elect to forgo, both, stage two (2) and three (3) of Metamorphosis, if you do so increase the number of Meta traits your remaining stage can have by four (+4). Increase the attribute modifier you gain by six (+6). Also, increase the base Stress Test requires of Metamorphosis by twelve (+12).
Meta Trait List. Below is a list of Meta traits you can permanently assign to stages of your Metamorphosis transformation.
- Frightful Presence. When you transform into any stage of Metamorphosis, all targets within thirty (30) yards or ten (10) squares of you will make a morale check, TN medium. If successful, they can act as normal, if failed, you gain +1d6 to all roll against any target that failed.
- Fierce Aggression. When you transform into a stage of metamorphosis, at the start of the next round you will go first, ignoring initiative order; you only have one turn for that round and will resume normal initiative order the following round. This cannot occur more than once every three (3) rounds.
- Tactical Keratinous. Increase the effects of your racial trait keratinous patting by one (+1). Additionally, when suffering direct damage from any source you can reduce the total damage by two (-2) to a minimum of one – this reduction increases by two (+2) for every tier of power reached.
- Efficient. When using any maneuver, the ki point cost is lowered by one-fourth (1/4). This ability cannot lower or cause the maneuver’s ki point cost to be reduced beyond half its original cost. Apply Efficient after all other Ki Point cost reductions.
- Power Burst. Replace the maneuver power up with power burst. When you use power, burst increase your capacity rate by one-half (1/2). This increase lasts until the end of your next turn.
- Bio Suit. Count all direct damage as standard damage. Count all lethal damage as direct damage. Any lethal damage you suffer that is inflicted by your own abilities, techniques or other sources directing related to your character are unaffected by Bio Suit. Apply any changes to a damage type altered by Bio Suit before the damage is changed to a new damage type by the Bio Suit ability.
- Death Strike. Once per every three (3) rounds, you can make a single non-signature attack, any damage afflicted counts as lethal damage.
- Unrelenting. If you spend two (2) or more attack actions against a single target the damage of your next attack against the same target, during the same turn, counts as direct.
- Rending Horns. During a successful grapple, you can choose to rend your grappled target with your deadly horns. Regardless of who started the grapple, on your turn you can spend one (1) action to perform a Rending Horn Maneuver. Your target rolls a Corporeal Saving Throw, TN medium. If they pass nothing happens, if they fail reduce their current Life Points by twenty percent (20%). This effect ignores all Soak or other abilities and traits that reduce damage. At the start of the next five (5) rounds the target of a successful Rending Horn Maneuver suffers 2d8 Lethal Damage. Increase this damage by +2d8 for each Tier of Power reached.
- Rapid Demise. When using any Signature Technique or Magical Ability against a target(s) reduce the target(s)’ Dodge Value by one (-1) more than normal. This effect stacks for each Signature Technique or Magical Ability against a target(s) in a single round.
- Furious Onslaught. If you successfully strike a target(s) with both the Brutal Assault and Prehensile Tail Arcosian Racial Traits the target(s) will gain the Impediment and Guard Down Combat Condition, against all characters, until the end of your next turn.
- Burning Hatred. At the start of a Combat Encounter, select one combatant and declare Hatred against them. When that target is at or below the Bloodied Health Threshold increase your Wound Rolls against that specific target by +1d4. If the target’s Health Threshold is or below Injured increase your Wound Rolls against that specific target by +1d6. If the target’s Health Threshold is or below Wounded increase your Wound Rolls against that specific target by +1d8. These effects are increase by one (+1) dice for each Tier of Power reached. As an example, at Tier of Power three if your hatred target’s Health Threshold is Injured you will increase your Wound Rolls against them by +3d6.
Metamorphosis Mastery. When you gain Metamorphosis Mastery you gain the following benefits when using the form. (See – Transformation Rules)
- Mutating Powers. Increase the attribute bonus you gain by Metamorphosis by one (+1) for each stage. Notably, these options stack with the option, if any, you elected to use from the Personalized Power rule above.
- Super Evolution. This is a powerful stage of Metamorphosis that pushes your character beyond the normal physical prowess. While True Form is your normal, unsuppressed form Super Evolution is pushing your physical form beyond.
Metamorphosis -Super Evolution
- Transformation. Alternate Form
- Race: Arcosian
- Stage: Zero (0)
- Tier of Power Requirement. Four (4)
When you gain Metamorphosis Mastery you add the Super Evolution stage to your Metamorphosis transformation chain. Super Evolution follows all rule of Metamorphosis including Suppressed Form. Optional, you can elect to add Super Evolutions Meta Traits to your customized stages following the options below. Notably, these options stack with the option, if any, you elected to use from the Personalized Power rule above.
- (3). If you have one stages of Metamorphosis. You can elect to forgo stage zero (0) Super Evolution, if you do so apply all Meta Traits from Super Evolution to your only stage of Metamorphosis Also, increase the base Stress Test requires of Metamorphosis by nine (+9)
Super Evolution Meta Traits.
- Unforgiving Cruelty. If you another stage of your Metamorphosis transformation has the Death Strike Meta Trait replace it with the following. If you don’t have the Meta Trait Death Strike, simply gain the following. Once per round, you can make a single non-signature attack, any damage afflicted counts as lethal damage. Additionally, if you successfully strike and wound a target with Unforgiving Cruelty that target suffers 1d10 lethal damage at the start of the next round. Increase this damage by +1d10 for each tier of power reached.
- Keratinous Bio Suit. Increase your soak value by four (+4), increase this effect by four (+4) for each tier of power reached. When a target attacks you or you attempt to attack a target with any type of physical attack inflict two (2) lethal damage to the target, increase this effect by one (+1) for each tier of power reached. Add this damage after all other damage modifiers have been calculated.
- Juggernaut. Once every three (3) rounds, you can activate Juggernaut to gain immunity to all negative effects, this includes any negative effects imposed on you by your own abilities. When you use Juggernaut roll 2d10 plus your current power level and restore that many Life and Ki points. The effects of Juggernaut last until the end of your next turn.