– When making any range attack (Energy or Ballistic) roll 1d8 and subtract the natural result from the distance between you and the target. If you are using the distance metric ‘squares’ subtract a number of squares equal to the natural result of your dice roll. If you are using the distance metric ‘yards’ subtract a number of yards equal to the natural result of your dice roll multiplied by three (3)
Example, if a target is ten (10) squares away from you; they are considered at long range. (See Attacking & Conditions). Subtract the natural result of Keen Eye from the distance between you and the target. If you roll a six (6), subtract six from the distance between you and the target. Making the range four (4) squares – the target is no longer considered at long range.
Ki Deception (Talent)
– Once per round, when using a standard energy attack, you can choose to perform a Ki Deception by spending an additional five (5) Ki Points, increase this cost by five (+5) for each tier of power reached. When you make a Ki Deception attack your target can select to do one of the following.
– (1). Target can roll a Cognitive Saving Throw, TN medium. If they pass nothing happens. If they fail the target loosing two (-2) additional Dodge value due to Diminishing Defense from your Ki Deception attack – process the rest of the attack as normal.
– (2). Target can roll 1d10(T) and spend that much Ki Points to avoid the feint. You pay the additional Ki Points to perform Ki Deception, but your attack functions as normal.
– When you use Kiri Drain, Single or Orb, you can elect to transfer the stolen ki points instead of converting them into dark energy. When you use Kiri Drain spend one (1) additional action to immediately use the Empower maneuver to transfer the stole ki points to an ally within eight (8) squares of you. (See Actions & Combat). – Increase the amount of ki points you can transfer using the Empower maneuver by two (+2T).
Prerequisite – Shinjin Makaio subspecies, Potency ten (10+)