Great Ape, or Oozaru, changes your Saiyan character into a great ape with unmatched strength and power. This form is massive and increases your physical attacks sharply. When you use this form, you will transform into a giant anthropomorphic ape. With a more monkey-like appearance than an ape, the form looks like a large gorilla with a trail and the head of a baboon with red eyes and jagged teeth. Like how a werewolf works, during a full moon, your character will uncontrollably change into the great ape form so long as they look at the full moon. This process is unstopped so long as your character has a tail. If at any point your tail is removed for any reason you will lose access to the Oozaru form. If your tail is lost during transformation the form will end, yet you will still suffer from stress exhaustion.
When you attempt to transform Oozaru you must declare which stage of Oozaru you are going to use, stage one or two. You do not have to transform into one stage to use stage two.
Increase your attribute modifiers from Oozaru for each stage of Oozaru you have activate. This meaning the Golden Ape or stage two will grant eight (+8) to your strength modifier and six (+6) to your Potency modifier.
Each stage of Oozaru you have active will grant you additional traits and abilities from the Oozaru transformation. Each of these bonus traits are listed with a stage requirement that must be meant to gain access to them. As an example, to use the Oozaru trait Pure Ferocity you must have stage two or Golden Ape active.
Each stage of Oozaru increases the Tier of Power requirements to access and use the stage by one (+1). Meaning, when you attempt to use Golden Ape (stage two) you are required to be at least Tier of Power One (1).
- Race: Saiyan
- Transformation. Alternate Form
- Stress Test. –
- Tier of Power Requirement. None
Great Ape (Stage One)
- Indomitable. When you using any type of attack that is NOT a Signature Technique or Magical Ability your target(s) counts as having the Combat Condition Impediment. Additionally, your Melee Attack Range for all physical attacks is increase by two (2) squares.
- Dense Strength. Increase the attribute modifiers of Oozaru by one (+1) for each Tier of Power.
- Bulky. Your dodge modifier is reduced by four (-4), increase this effect by four (-4) for each tier of power reached.
- Hearty. Tough and robust, increase your soak value by two (+2). Increase this effect by one (+1) for each tier of power reached. Treat all direct damage, regardless of its source, as standard damage.
- Rampaging. Unlike other transformations, the great ape form does not have a stress test. Instead, you will make a cognitive save at the start of every turn: TN medium or fifteen (15) whichever is lower. If passed nothing happens and your turn continues as normal. If failed, randomly assign a number, one-ten, to your allies in the combat scene. Roll 1d10, you will use all actions to make attacks against the resulting ally, physical attacks if within melee range and energy at range. Roll 4d10 and add your power level: this is the amount of Ki points that must be wagered per attack. If the value exceeds what is possible for your capacity or ki points, divide the amount by two (2) until it does not.
Golden Ape (Stage Two)
- Hulking Mass. When you attack a target with any type of physical attack inflict two (2) lethal damage to the target, increase this effect by one (+1) for each tier of power reached. Add this damage after all other damage modifiers have been calculated. Moreover, if you successfully strike and wound a target with Hulking Mass that target suffers 1d10 lethal damage at the start of the next round. Increase this damage by +1d10 for each tier of power reached.
- Pure Ferocity. When you reach any Health Threshold increase your strike and wound dice rolls by +1d6, increase this bonus by +1d6 for each tier of power reached. The Extra Dice from Pure Ferocity stack up to three (3) times meaning you can gain the benefits of Pure Ferocity three separate times you reach any health threshold in a single combat encounter.
- Unrelenting Rampage. Unlike the Great Ape, Golden Oozaru has a Stress Test value of twenty-four (24). Additionally, While using Golden Oozaru ignore the Great Ape trait Rampaging and instead use Unrelenting Rampage. You will make a cognitive save at the start of every turn: TN hard or thirty (30) whichever is lower. If passed nothing happens and your turn continues as normal. If failed, randomly assign a number, one-ten, to your allies in the combat scene. Roll 1d10, you will use all actions to make attacks against the resulting ally, physical attacks if within melee range and energy at range. Roll 4d10 and add your power level: this is the amount of Ki points that must be wagered per attack. If the value exceeds what is possible for your capacity or ki points, divide the amount by two (2) until it does not.